With today’s cutting edge technology the dream of being able to work from home has become a reality for 1 in 5 Americans, and that number continues to rise. There has been a 105% increase in telecommuters since 2005.
I must warn readers to beware of scams, there are a plethora of them out there. If it seems too good to be true…it is! Do not fall prey to the get rich quick schemes. A legitimate job offer will not require paying any money upfront.
The companies covered in this article are well-known companies, many have been around for decades. Most people are not even aware that working from home is even an option for these businesses. When compiling this list I wanted to provide job-seekers with a selection of trusted companies that have integrated telecommuting opportunities into their hiring practices.
- Apple– offers a great opportunity for At-Home Advisors.
- 3M– offers many different telecommuting positions.
- Dell– offers many remote positions around the nation.
- Xerox– currently employs more than 8,000 in-home employees.
- IBM– offers select opportunities to work from home.
- Convergys– offers thousands of work from home positions throughout the U.S.
- TeleTech– looking for educated and driven individuals to join our team of associates working from their homes located across the U.S.
- Salesforce– offers tons of remote employment opportunities around the globe.
- K12– offers various remote positions in education.
- American Express– offers a variety of virtual home-based positions across the U.S.
If you are considering a career working from home, these are all legitimate companies looking for people like yourself.
Lisa Crow contributed to this article. She is a travel writer and lifestyle blogger based in Waco, Texas. Lisa is the Head of Content at Gigi’s Ramblings and L&S Freelance Writers. She spends her free time traveling when she can and making memories with her large family that consists of six children and ten grandchildren.